|ADVANCED STUDENTS (Levels 3 & Up)
When It's Due
Design instruction. Industry news. Life prep. Student artwork. Bad jokes. Cool music. Good times.
How To Print And Save For Web
- Select your paper size (Letter or Legal)
- Be sure the orientation is correct (Portrait or Landscape) and check
the SCALE TO FIT MEDIA box.
- Print to the Lexmark (Copy 2) printer
SAVE FOR WEB
- Open your work and do a COPY MERGED copy of it
- Create a new file and paste it.
- Go to IMAGE- IMAGE SIZE and change the resolution to 100dpi
- With your file open, go to FILE - SAVE FOR WEB & DEVICES
- In the upper right corner, select the JPEG option and make sure it's
- In the lower left corner, you'll see the file tag JPEG and a time in
seconds. It should be under 100 seconds.
- Choose SAVE and select your block folder.
Study guides for Photoshop and Illustrator
certification exams can be found by clicking
on the text above.
WIX.com is a simple web page creator that lets you look at thousands of website
templates and then save one and edit it. Remove their pictures, put in yours.
Remove their text, put in yours. Changing color schemes, etc.. The best portfolio
pages have a simple landing (or Splash) page, and then links to your gallery.
Some student examples can be found here. Design an online portfolio for
yourself. Include your artwork you've designed this semester, year or so far during
your time in class. Your name should figure prominently into the design.
Pages should include:
- Index Page - Examples Page - About You Page - Contact Page
*Pictures for upload must be saved JPEG, BMP, PNG or TIFF formats.
WIX WEB PORTFOLIO
- Save As to your folder with your name in the title.
- Go through each standard regardless of level and start checking off what
you know you have accomplished and provide your corresponding proof.
GOALS & SCALES + STATE STANDARDS
|NEW STUDENTS (2nd Semester)
1. Adobe Illustrator Practice 1 & 2
2. Adobe Illustrator Styles
3. Adobe Illustrator Self-Portrait
4.Adobe Illustrator Isometric Perspective
5. adobe Illustrator Famous character creations
1. Industry Pricing Research
2. Adobe Illustrator Tutorial
3. Adobe Illustrator Demonstration
Level 2 Students
|LEARNING GOALS FOR THE WEEK
- Students become familiar with industry standard software - Adobe Illustrator.
- Students learn the limitations and advantages to working with vector file formats.
- Upper Level Students participate ina project for the City of Seminole
Tuesday thru Friday January 22nd - 26th
Level 3 and Up Students
Project 3 | Adobe Illustrator Pair & Share (Due Monday, January 22nd)
You will be demonstrating techniques and tips you discovered while creating your recent tutorial to students.
These can be done anytime during this week.,
- Must demonstrate at least two new skillset techniques.
- Demonstration should be cohesive. Made up on the spot presentations will not be accepted.
- provide a demonstration they themselves can attempt
- Create a "How To" Word File. Include some steps by step instructions on how to do the skillset you've
showcased. Include 1 or 2 web links to where students can follow up this skillset.
Adobe Illustrator: One New Thing For The Week
Using Adobe Illustrator
Creating Illustrator characters
Advanced Students Logo Design / Web Design / Icon Sets
Project 4 | Logo Design Contest
You will be competing in a logo design contest for the Cityh of Seminole, creating their logo celebrating the
50th Anniversary of their famous 'Pow-Wow'
All the information for the project can be found here. Read it over.
- Must create at least 6 logo concepts
- Participate in peer review and feedback / critique
- Create a cohesive logo design concept in Adobe Illustrator
- Save a version as a high resolution .jpeg and .ai file
Project 2 | Adobe Illustrator - Self Portrait Instructions
Project 5 | Adobe Illustrator - Isometric Perspective Instructions (*Coming Soon*)
- Task Sheet | (Coming Soon)
- You will be using the Perspective Tool in Adobe Illustrator to create an isometric perspective of your
own bedroom and then a famous location your movie / game / book / band characters could exist in
Project 3 | Adobe Illustrator - Emoji Sets
- Emoji Design Set Task Sheet | (Due Date Is Pending)
- You will be creating several emoji sets... an interpretation set, you as an emoji and a design selected at random
Project 4 | Adobe Illustrator - Character Design
- Character DesignTask Sheet | (Due Date Is Pending)
- You will be creating a set of characters based on a famous movie, game, book, show or band