Illustrator is a vector drawing program which is often used to draw illustrations, cartoons, diagrams, charts and
logos. Unlike bitmap images that stores information in a grid of dots, Illustrator uses mathematical equations to draw
out the shapes. This makes vector graphics scalable without the loss of resolution.
Advantages of Vector Graphics
- Scalable without resolution loss
- Lines are crisp and sharp at any sizes
- Print at high resolution
- Smaller file size
- Good for drawing illustrations
Disadvantages of vector graphics
- Drawings tend to look flat and cartoon
- Hard to produce photo realistic drawings
PROJECT: Adobe Illustrator Vector Portrait
Your job is to use one of your class photos or one of your own and make a vector portrait of yourself
using Adobe Illustrator. Use a maximum of five colors.