When It's Due
Design instruction. Industry news. Life prep. Student artwork. Bad jokes. Cool music. Good times.
How To Print And Save For Web
- Select your paper size (Letter or Legal)
- Be sure the orientation is correct (Portrait or Landscape) and check
the SCALE TO FIT MEDIA box.
- Print to the Lexmark (Copy 2) printer
SAVE FOR WEB
- Open your work and do a COPY MERGED copy of it
- Create a new file and paste it.
- Go to IMAGE- IMAGE SIZE and change the resolution to 100dpi
- With your file open, go to FILE - SAVE FOR WEB & DEVICES
- In the upper right corner, select the JPEG option and make sure it's
- In the lower left corner, you'll see the file tag JPEG and a time in
seconds. It should be under 100 seconds.
- Choose SAVE and select your block folder.
Study guides for Photoshop and Illustrator
certification exams can be found by clicking
on the text above.
|LEARNING GOALS FOR THE WEEK
|WIX.com is a simple web page creator that lets you look at thousands of website
templates and then save one and edit it. Remove their pictures, put in yours.
Remove their text, put in yours. Changing color schemes, etc.. The best portfolio
pages have a simple landing (or Splash) page, and then links to your gallery.
Some student examples can be found here. Design an online portfolio for
yourself. Include your artwork you've designed this semester, year or so far during
your time in class. Your name should figure prominently into the design.
Pages should include:
- Index Page - Examples Page - About You Page - Contact Page
*Pictures for upload must be saved JPEG, BMP, PNG or TIFF formats.
WIX WEB PORTFOLIO
GOALS & SCALES + STATE STANDARDS
Week 1 Jan. 4th - 6th
|NEW STUDENTS (1st Semester)
Students Complete A New Photoshop project and Pick Up New Skills
Students work with Adobe Illustrator and create infographics.
Concrete To Abstract Design
1. New Student Questionnaire
2. Clinic Card
3. Photoshop - Tools & Basics - Flip Face & 9 Filters
4. Photoshop - Tools & Basics - Who I Am
5. Photoshop - Masking - 3 Aminals
6. Photoshop - Retouching Pictures
7. Photoshop - I Was There
8. Photoshop - Colorized a Black and White Photo
9. Design Process
10. Logo Design - Your Name As A Business
11. Logo Design - Your Game
12. Logo Design - Whacky Pack Logo
13. 8 Bit Post It Notes
14. 8 Bit Characters
15. 8 Bit Animated .gifs
16. 8 Bit Character Poses (Jump, Duck, Run, etc)
17. Color Theory
18. Color Theory .gif
Monday - Friday October 23rd - 27th
Project 12 | Logo Design - Logo Parody (Coming Soon) (2 Day Project)
- New students will be creating the last of several logo projects.
Project 11 | Logo Design - Your Game (16.01 - 18.01 - 20.1 - 21.01)
- New students will be creating a logo for their upcoming game design build
Project 13 | Concrete To Abstract (3 pts)
Project 14 | Good Reads (3 pts)
Your job is to find three stories sufficient to appear on the Good Reads section of this website. You have
one week from today to find three interesting links and save them as a word file with your name, into the
folder titled GOOD READS.
These links should relate to graphic design, technology, interesting artwork, interesting science,
interesting design, etc.
Please, do not provide video links.
Friday - District Mandated Hygiene Video