|ADVANCED STUDENTS (Levels 3 & Up)
When It's Due
Design instruction. Industry news. Life prep. Student artwork. Bad jokes. Cool music. Good times.
How To Print And Save For Web
- Select your paper size (Letter or Legal)
- Be sure the orientation is correct (Portrait or Landscape) and check
the SCALE TO FIT MEDIA box.
- Print to the Lexmark (Copy 2) printer
SAVE FOR WEB
- Open your work and do a COPY MERGED copy of it
- Create a new file and paste it.
- Go to IMAGE- IMAGE SIZE and change the resolution to 100dpi
- With your file open, go to FILE - SAVE FOR WEB & DEVICES
- In the upper right corner, select the JPEG option and make sure it's
- In the lower left corner, you'll see the file tag JPEG and a time in
seconds. It should be under 100 seconds.
- Choose SAVE and select your block folder.
Study guides for Photoshop and Illustrator
certification exams can be found by clicking
on the text above.
WIX.com is a simple web page creator that lets you look at thousands of website
templates and then save one and edit it. Remove their pictures, put in yours.
Remove their text, put in yours. Changing color schemes, etc.. The best portfolio
pages have a simple landing (or Splash) page, and then links to your gallery.
Some student examples can be found here. Design an online portfolio for
yourself. Include your artwork you've designed this semester, year or so far during
your time in class. Your name should figure prominently into the design.
Pages should include:
- Index Page - Examples Page - About You Page - Contact Page
*Pictures for upload must be saved JPEG, BMP, PNG or TIFF formats.
WIX WEB PORTFOLIO
- Save As to your folder with your name in the title.
- Go through each standard regardless of level and start checking off what
you know you have accomplished and provide your corresponding proof.
GOALS & SCALES + STATE STANDARDS
|NEW STUDENTS (2nd Semester)
1. Adobe Illustrator Practice 1 & 2
2. Adobe Illustrator Styles
3. Adobe Illustrator Self-Portrait
4. Adobe Illustrato Emoji Sets
5. Adobe Illustrator Famous Character Design
1. Industry Pricing Research
2. Adobe Illustrator Tutorial
3. Adobe Illustrator Demonstration
4. Seminole Pow Wow Logo Contest
5. Adobe Illustrator Emoji Sets
6. Adobe Illustrator Famous Character Design
7. Adobe InDesign - Intro Project (Levels 3 - 4)
8. Adobe InDesign - Menu Design
|LEARNING GOALS FOR THE WEEK
Levels 5 and Up Students
Monday thru Friday March 5th - March 9th
Isometric Scene From Your Game
Character Designs - Profiles - Faces - Actions
Project 7 | Adobe InDesign
Adobe Illustrator Weekly Tutorial: One New Thing For The Week
Wednesday & Thursday, March 7th - 8th
Level 2 - 4 Students
Project 7 | Outdoor Advertising
- Three Outdoor Advertising Billboard Task Sheets (*Please Read*)
- Students become familiar with industry standard software - Adobe Illustrator.
- Students learn the limitations and advantages to working with vector file formats.
- Students create outdoor advertising deisgns
- Upper level students work with Adobe InDesign on menu creation
- Students pre-test for certification
Certification Pre-Test Overview
Adobe Photoshop Weekly Tutorial: One New Thing For The Week