|ADVANCED STUDENTS (Levels 3 & Up)
When It's Due
Design instruction. Industry news. Life prep. Student artwork. Bad jokes. Cool music. Good times.
How To Print And Save For Web
- Select your paper size (Letter or Legal)
- Be sure the orientation is correct (Portrait or Landscape) and check
the SCALE TO FIT MEDIA box.
- Print to the Lexmark (Copy 2) printer
SAVE FOR WEB
- Open your work and do a COPY MERGED copy of it
- Create a new file and paste it.
- Go to IMAGE- IMAGE SIZE and change the resolution to 100dpi
- With your file open, go to FILE - SAVE FOR WEB & DEVICES
- In the upper right corner, select the JPEG option and make sure it's
- In the lower left corner, you'll see the file tag JPEG and a time in
seconds. It should be under 100 seconds.
- Choose SAVE and select your block folder.
Study guides for Photoshop and Illustrator
certification exams can be found by clicking
on the text above.
WIX.com is a simple web page creator that lets you look at thousands of website
templates and then save one and edit it. Remove their pictures, put in yours.
Remove their text, put in yours. Changing color schemes, etc.. The best portfolio
pages have a simple landing (or Splash) page, and then links to your gallery.
Some student examples can be found here. Design an online portfolio for
yourself. Include your artwork you've designed this semester, year or so far during
your time in class. Your name should figure prominently into the design.
Pages should include:
- Index Page - Examples Page - About You Page - Contact Page
*Pictures for upload must be saved JPEG, BMP, PNG or TIFF formats.
WIX WEB PORTFOLIO
- Save As to your folder with your name in the title.
- Go through each standard regardless of level and start checking off what
you know you have accomplished and provide your corresponding proof.
GOALS & SCALES + STATE STANDARDS
|NEW STUDENTS (2nd Semester)
1. Adobe Illustrator Practice 1 & 2
2. Adobe Illustrator Styles
3. Adobe Illustrator Self-Portrait
4. Adobe Illustrato Emoji Sets
5. Adobe Illustrator Famous Character Design
1. Industry Pricing Research
2. Adobe Illustrator Tutorial
3. Adobe Illustrator Demonstration
4. Seminole Pow Wow Logo Contest
5. Adobe Illustrator Emoji Sets
6. Adobe Illustrator Famous Character Design
7. Adobe InDesign - Intro Project (Levels 3 - 4)
8. Adobe InDesign - Menu Design
Level 2 Students
|LEARNING GOALS FOR THE WEEK
- Students become familiar with industry standard software - Adobe Illustrator.
- Students learn the limitations and advantages to working with vector file formats.
- Upper Level Students participate in a project for the City of Seminole
Level 3 and Up Students
Monday thru Friday February 26th - March 2nd
All Students - Cubee!
Project 4 | Adobe Illustrator - Character Design
- Character DesignTask Sheet | (Due Date Wednesday, February 14th)
- You will be creating a set of characters based on a famous movie, game, book, show or band
Adobe Illustrator Weekly Tutorial: One New Thing For The Week
Project 6 | T-Shirt Design
- You'll be creating a t-shirt design for the school and printing an original for yourself (White T-Shirt only. Your
design can be full color) Save your designs as high resolution .PNG files. Size them to what you'd like on your shirt
PRE-PRODUCTION: T-Shirt Design
Go for 100% heavy cotton t-shirt.
- Bring in a blank! Heavy cotton (Hanes, Fruit of the Loom). The cotton poly blends do not work as well at all.
Project 7 | Personal Design
- Design in an 8 1/2 " x 11" live area 300 dpi. File format to save is in PNG only
Project 8 | School T-Shirt Contest
- Create a minimum of five t-shirt ideas (thumbnail sketches)
- Design in an 81/2 " x 11" live area 300 dpi. File format to save is in PNG only
- Should include a slogan about the school or the area of study. Research colleges for their slogans
Project 5 | Adobe Illustrator - Isometric Perspective Instructions
Tuesday & Wednesday, February 27th & 28th
Project 9 | CUBEE! (2 Day Project - Due Wednesday at the end of class.)
Size is 8 1/2" x 11".
- You have two days (Tuesday and Wednesday to create your Cubee Army! Your job is to create a Cubee of
yourself. Assemble the army on the front table. I would like to be greeted by it on Thursday.
- Check out Cubeecraft.com and some examples.
- Choose one that looks like you and download the file. Right click the download and choose the jpeg.
- Your final should look like an vector character style of you. When finished creating you, set up your design
for and print on cardstock & use an exact knife (not scissors) to cut out & fold your character.
Filter --> "Sketch" then "Stamp"
- Once you print, use a cutting mat. Do not cut on the desks without a cutting mat.
- Carefully cut and assemble your final and place it on the front table. Take a photo of the posse! Post it online!
- TIPS: Use Effects Gallery. Change your foreground color top black / background color to white then go to