|ADVANCED STUDENTS (Levels 3 & Up)
When It's Due
Design instruction. Industry news. Life prep. Student artwork. Bad jokes. Cool music. Good times.
How To Print And Save For Web
- Select your paper size (Letter or Legal)
- Be sure the orientation is correct (Portrait or Landscape) and check
the SCALE TO FIT MEDIA box.
- Print to the Lexmark (Copy 2) printer
SAVE FOR WEB
- Open your work and do a COPY MERGED copy of it
- Create a new file and paste it.
- Go to IMAGE- IMAGE SIZE and change the resolution to 100dpi
- With your file open, go to FILE - SAVE FOR WEB & DEVICES
- In the upper right corner, select the JPEG option and make sure it's
- In the lower left corner, you'll see the file tag JPEG and a time in
seconds. It should be under 100 seconds.
- Choose SAVE and select your block folder.
Study guides for Photoshop and Illustrator
certification exams can be found by clicking
on the text above.
WIX.com is a simple web page creator that lets you look at thousands of website
templates and then save one and edit it. Remove their pictures, put in yours.
Remove their text, put in yours. Changing color schemes, etc.. The best portfolio
pages have a simple landing (or Splash) page, and then links to your gallery.
Some student examples can be found here. Design an online portfolio for
yourself. Include your artwork you've designed this semester, year or so far during
your time in class. Your name should figure prominently into the design.
Pages should include:
- Index Page - Examples Page - About You Page - Contact Page
*Pictures for upload must be saved JPEG, BMP, PNG or TIFF formats.
WIX WEB PORTFOLIO
- Save As to your folder with your name in the title.
- Go through each standard regardless of level and start checking off what
you know you have accomplished and provide your corresponding proof.
GOALS & SCALES + STATE STANDARDS
|NEW STUDENTS (2nd Semester)
1. Adobe Illustrator Practice 1 & 2
2. Adobe Illustrator Styles
3. Adobe Illustrator Self-Portrait
4. Adobe Illustrator Emoji Sets
5. Adobe Illustrator Famous Characters Poster
6. Personal T-Shirt Design
7. Cubee Art!
8. Outdoor Advertising - 3 Billboards
1. Industry Pricing Research
2. Adobe Illustrator Tutorial
3. Adobe Illustrator Demonstration
4. Seminole Pow Wow Logo Contest
5. Adobe Illustrator Emoji Sets
6. Adobe Illustrator Famous Character Design
7. School T-Shirt Slogan Design
8. Adobe InDesign - Intro Project (Levels 3 - 4)
9 Adobe InDesign - Menu Design
|LEARNING GOALS FOR THE WEEK
Levels 5 and Up Students
Monday and Tuesday March 19th - March 20th
Outdoor Advertising Projects
InDesign Menu Projects
Certification Pre-Testing and Testing
Project 7 | Adobe InDesign (Shooting for this Friday the 23rd for a due date)
Adobe Illustrator Weekly Tutorial: One New Thing For The Week
Level 2 - 4 Students
Project 7 | Outdoor Advertising (3 Billboards due end of class on Tuesday March 20th)
- Three Outdoor Advertising Billboard Task Sheets (*Please Read*)
- Students become familiar with industry standard software - Adobe InDesign
- Students learn the limitations and advantages to working with layout and also entrepreneurship and marketing to
a wide demographic with their menu design
- Students create outdoor advertising designs
- Students pre-test for certification
Adobe Photoshop Weekly Tutorial: One New Thing For The Week
Thursday, March 23rd
Certification Testing is Thursday, March 22nd
Certification Pre-Testing Deadline is Wednesday, March 21st
- Mr. Juul will need your passing scores from your certification testing by the end of class on Wednesday,
March 21st. We need something you can print out showing your score.
Project 8 | Alternative Outdoor Advertising
- Your job is to take your existing billboards and create three alternative outdoor advertising spaces for them.
Could be a bus wrap. Could be a subway poster. Could be a transit poster. Could be a guerilla marketing idea.
Could be on a mobile billboard truck. Could be an animated spectacular. Could be on an escalator.
- No thumbnails needed. Rework your existing billboards to fit these new spaces and designs. Use distort and
perspective to fit them in to isometric areas. Remove any unnecessary items to make them fit. Retoool them into
different formats as needed.
- Have a look at these examples.
- Alternative Outdoor Advertising Examples
- Different kinds of outdoor advertising spaces